A kitchen went up in flames yesterday after some Christmas decorations were left on top of a microvwave.
Dublin firefighters called to quell kitchen fire after Christmas tinsel left over microwave's vent
The Dublin Fire Brigade had to be called to quell the flames after tinsel caught fire having been left over a mircowave.
Firefighters have warned others to be more careful with their decorating saying the tinsel was placed over the microwave's vent causing it to go up once the machine was turned on.
They said: "Yesterday, Firefighters attended a kitchen fire that was caused by #Christmas tinsel which was on top of a microwave.
"The tinsel covered the outlet vent of the microwave which caught fire after it was turned on. Take care where you place your decorations."