A teenager sent a tragic final WhatsApp message begging for help after he was fatally bitten by a cobra – dying just 12 hours later.
The boy, named only as Aril, was bitten on the arm by his venomous snake pet while trying to take a picture of it.
Frantically, the 14-year-oldtried to stop the spread of a venom by wrapping a shoelace round his arm before sending a message asking for help.
Moments before he had uploaded a picture of his cobra – captioned “why not smile a little” – after he had given it a bath at around 10am.
Chillingly, the snake has its hood flared in the picture – the telltale sign its about the strike.
Reportedly, the boy then posted a second picture with blood on his arm with the caption “between life and death”.
He then wrote again “please take me to hospital” – but it was too late, and he was declared dead at 10pm.
“Aril's status wasn't to boast [about his injury] but to ask his friends for help," the boy's mum, Neuis Marpuah said.
She said he was home alone at the time of the incident as the dad had been working abroad.
Aril loved reptiles and had a snake collection, performing with his pets on the streets to raise
In his final WhatsApp message, he wrote: “If anyone considers themselves my friend, please take me to the hospital.”
The teen, from Bundung Regency in Indonesia's West Java province, was pictured arriving at hospital attached to a drip.
According to local reports, Aril owned more than a dozen snakes.
Read more news of Dublin on our site.