Dublin Fire Brigade released the sun reflected off a mirror causing a fire.
Warning to take glasses and mirrors away from windows as Dublin Fire Brigade release video showing shocking consequences
People are being warned about putting glass or mirrors near windows after the Dublin Fire Brigade released a video showing how easily they spark flames - writes dublinlive.ie
Firefighters are seen assessing the damage which was caused by a mirror which reflected the sun coming in through the window.
The Fire Brigade took to social media to warn people saying: "Mirrors, crystals and drinking glasses left on a window sill can cause fires if the sun is reflected on to flammable surfaces.
"This fire was caused by a vanity mirror left in a window.
"Make sure yours are in the shade, and remember the sun moves during the day"
The warning comes as temperatures have been soaring this week - and they're set to stay for the June Bank Holiday.
Temperatures have been up and around 20C for the last week all over Ireland in the hottest spell of the summer so far.
Some parts of the country peaked at 26C on Tuesday and while temperatures won't stay that high, they will stay warm.
These are the temperatures we can expect in the capital right up until Tuesday, June 12 according to the usually reliable BBC Weather.
Read more news of Dublin on our site.